IISERM Colloquia and Seminars - 2013
158. Seminar Dec 24th, 2013 (Tues 11:00 am) Dr. Samit Bhattacharyya
"Population dynamic consequences of human response to infectious disease - Theory and Models"
157. Seminar Dec 20th, 2013 (Fri 4:00 pm) Dr. Gurinder Pal Singh, IBM, San Jose
"Power of Innovation"
156. Seminar Dec 17th, 2013 (Tues 5:00 pm) Dr. Pierluigi Belli, INFN Rome, Italy
"Investigations on Dark Matter by DAMA/LIBRA and results on some other rare processes"
155. Seminar Dec 4th, 2013 (Wed 5:15 pm) Prof. B. M. Deb IINSA, New Delhi and Visva-Bharati University, Santiniketan
"Interaction of Quantum Systems With Intense Laser Fields and Strong Magnetic Fields"
154. Seminar Dec 2nd, 2013 (Mon 5:15 pm) Prof. Burkhard Koenig, Institut fuer Organische Chemie, Universitaet Regensburg D-93040 Regensburg, GERMANY
"Chemistry with light"?
153. Colloquium Nov 27th, 2013 (Wed 4:00 pm) Prof. Michael Baer, The Fritz Haber Research Center for Molecular Dynamics, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
"The Born-Oppenheimer Approach and Molecular Fields"
152. Seminar Nov 26th, 2013 (Tues 4:00 pm) Dr. Bibhash Nath, School of Geosciences, University of Sydney, Sydney NSW 2006, Australia
"Contaminant dynamics in the hydrosphere: the role of Natural and Anthropogenic processes"
151. Seminar Nov 25th, 2013 (Mon 4:00 pm) Dr. Chaithanya Jain, Institut de Combustion Aérothermique Réactivité et Environnement (ICARE),CNRS-Orléans, France
"Atmospheric chemistry studies in the laboratory and their applications"
150. Seminar Nov 22nd, 2013 (Fri 5:00 pm) Dr. Kuntal Banerjee, HRI
"Arnol'd Tongues and Circle Homeomorphisms"
149. Seminar Nov 22nd, 2013 (Fri 4:00 pm) Dr. K. Mohan, Division of Geology and Geotechnical Engineering School of Mechanical and Building Sciences VIT Chennai
"Late Neogene deep-sea benthic foraminifera from Gas Hydrate sediments of the Blake Ridge, NW Atlantic Ocean"
148. Seminar Nov 22nd, 2013 (Fri 3:00 pm) Prof. Satrajit Adhikari, Physical Chemistry Department, I.A.C.S, Jadavpur
"Beyond Born - Oppenheimer Theories: Diabatic PESs for Spectroscopic & Scattering Processes"
147. Seminar Nov 21th, 2013 (Thur 4:00 pm) Dr. Jayanarayanan Kuttippurath, CNRS/LATMOS, University of Pierre and Marie Curie, Paris, France
"Climate Change and Ozone"
146. Colloquium Nov 11th, 2013 (Mon 5:00 pm) Prof. N. Mukunda, CHEP, IISc
"Pancharatnam, Bargmann and Berry Phases - a retrospective"
"LH3, Lecture Hall Complex"
145. Seminar Nov 11th, 2013 (Mon 4:00 pm) Dr. Debabrata Maiti, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
"AN EFFICIENT AND STEREOSELECTIVE NITRATION OF OLEFINS BY AgNO2 AND TEMPO"
144. Seminar Nov 11th, 2013 (Mon 4:00 pm) Prof. B. V. Rajarama Bhat, Indian Statistical Institute, Bangalore
"Nilpotent completely positive maps"
143. Seminar Nov 11th, 2013 (Mon 12:00 nooon) Prof. H. Ila JNCASR, Bengaluru
"Molecular Diversity by Design: New Strategies for Heterocycle Synthesis"
142. Seminar Nov 8th, 2013 (Fri 4:00 pm) Prof. R. Ramaraj, School of Chemistry, Centre for Photoelectrochemistry Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai-625 021
"Nanostructured Materials Modified Electrodes for Catalysis and Sensor"
141. Seminar Nov 8th, 2013 (Fri 3:00 pm) Prof. G. Mugesh Department of Inorganic and Physical Chemistry Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru
"Functional Mimetics of Selenoenzymes"
140. Colloquium Nov 6th, 2013 (Wed 4:00 pm) Prof. Madan Rao, RRI, NCBS
"Mechanics of information processing and computation in cells"
139. Seminar Nov 6th, 2013 (Wed 4:00 pm) Prof. K.L. Sebastian, Department of Inorganic and Physical Chemistry, IISc Bangalore
"Coherences, Photosynthesis and Quantum Biology?"
138. Seminar Nov 6th, 2013 (Wed 2:00 pm) Dr. K. Brindha, International Water Management Institute, Vientiane, Lao P.D.R.
"Groundwater quality and geochemical modelling"
137. Seminar Nov 5th, 2013 (Tue 4:00 pm) Dr. Aditya Peketi, Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad India
"Sedimentary iron-sulfur-carbon systematics : Role of sediment biogeochemistry and methane hydrate"
136. Seminar Oct 31st, 2013 (Thur 4:00 pm) Dr. Mohanakrishna Gunda, Laboratory of Environmental Biotechnology (INRA-LBE), Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (INRA), Narbonne, France
"Renewable Bio-Energy Generation through Remediation of Effluents and Emissions: Process Integration Approaches to Develop Sustainable Technology"
135. Seminar Oct 29th, 2013 (Tues 4:00 pm) Dr. Paromita Chakraborty, Dept Of Civil Engg/ SRM Research Institute, Tamil Nadu
"Measuring and Modeling of Persistent Organic Pollutants in India: Implications for Trans-boundary Movement and Human Health Risk Assessment"
134. Seminar Oct 28th, 2013 (Mon 4:00 pm) Dr. Harendra Negi, Snow & Avalanche Study Establishment, DRDO
"Remote Sensing Applications for Cryospheric Study"
133. Seminar Oct 26th, 2013 (Sat 9:30 pm) Dr. Parthapratim Munshi, Shiv Nadar University, Noida
"High-resolution Crystallographic Studies on Small Molecules and Protein Systems"
132. Seminar Oct 24th, 2013 (Thur 4:00 pm) Dr. Bhavin Moriya, HRI Allahabad
"Some Weighted Zero Sum Problems"
131. Seminar Oct 24th, 2013 (Thur 4:00 pm) Prof John Ogilvie, Simon Fraser University, Vancouver Canada
"Photochemistry of methane at 3 K"
130. Seminar Oct 23rd, 2013 (Wed 4:00 pm) Prof. Deepak Mathur, TIFR Mumbai
"Adventures on the interface of physics, chemistry, biology and engineering"
129. Seminar Oct 17th, 2013 (Thur 4:00 pm) Dr. C.S. Pandey, Institute of Geology, Mineralogy and Geophysics, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
"On the Elastic Properties of Minerals and Geomaterials by the aid of Resonant Ultrasound Spectroscopy"
128. Seminar Oct 14th, 2013 (Mon 4:00 pm) Dr. Kiran Bala, IIT Indore
"A renewable source of energy with sustainable solution for wastewater treatment"
127. Seminar Oct 10th, 2013 (Thur 4:00 pm) Dr. Sujoy Kanti Ghosh, ETH Zurich
"The role of water in the deep mantle"
126. Seminar Oct 4th, 2013 (Fri 4:00 pm) Dr. Nirvikar Dashora, National Atmospheric Research Laboratory, Department of Space, Govt. of India
"Applications for Earth and Atmospheric Science: GNSS perspective"
125. Seminar Oct 4th, 2013 (Fri 4:00 pm) Dr. Parthasarathi R., IISER Pune
"Moduli of vector bundles"
124. Seminar Sept 30th, 2013 (Mon 4:00 pm) Dr. Tanmoy Mondal
"Structure and dynamics at threefold electronic degeneracies"
123. Seminar Sept 20th, 2013 (Fri 4:00 pm) Dr. Bhaskar Kundu, CSIR National Geophysical Research Institute, Uppal Road, Hyderabad
"Geodynamics of the Indo-Burmese arc region, NE-India"
122. Seminar Sept 18th, 2013 (Tues 3:00 pm) Dr. Jyoti Agarwal
"Sugar-based Organocatalysts and Co(III) salen complexes for Asymmetric Synthesis"
121. Seminar Sept 12th, 2013 (Thur 5:00 pm) Dr. Alok Kumar Pan, Nagoya University, Japan
"Aspects of weak measurement: Conceptual and metrological implications"
120. Seminar Sept 11th, 2013 (Wed 5:00 pm) Prof. P. Gautam, Centre for Biotechnology, Anna University, Chennai
"Molecular dynamics simulations of Lipases"
119. Seminar Sept 6th, 2013 (Fri 4:00 pm) Dr. Srijanani Anurag Prasad, ISI Delhi
"A special fractal interpolation function"
118. Seminar Aug 30th, 2013 (Fri 4:00 pm) Dr. Puneet Sharma, IIT Jodhpur
"Chaotic Behaviour and Structural Stabilty for TDS and the Induced System"
117. Seminar Aug 30th, 2013 (Fri 12:00 noon) Prof. Jainendra Jain, Penn State Univ
"Composite Fermions: The Magical Beauty of Emergence"
116. Seminar Aug 19th, 2013 (Mon 4:00 pm) Dr. Elangovan Elamparuthi, LMU Munchen, Germany
"Synthesis and studies of C-2-functionalized sugar & Neuritogenic natural products"
115. Seminar Aug 14th, 2013 (Wed 4:00 pm) Prof. E. Arunan, Inorganic and Physical Chemistry Department Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru
"Molecular beam microwave spectroscopy: Understanding hydrogen bonding and defining carbon bonding"
114. Seminar Aug 14th, 2013 (Wed 3:00 pm) Prof. Praveen Chaddah, Director, UGC-DAE Consortium for Scientific Research, Indore
"Metastable states avoiding first order phase transitions"
113. Seminar Aug 13th, 2013 (Tues 4:00 pm) Dr. Tamoghna Mitra, University of Liverpool
"Gas Storage and Separation in Porous Material"
112. Seminar Aug 12th, 2013 (Mon 4:00 pm) Dr. Shyamal Biswas, IIT Kanpur
"Unified theories on the magnetism and on the critical Casimir force"
111. Seminar Aug 8th, 2013 (Thur 4:00 pm) Dr. Srikanth Hundi, IISc Bangalore
"Phenomenology of extra dimensions and supersymmetry in relation with neutrinos"
110. Seminar Aug 7th, 2013 (Wed 5:00 pm) Raghu Mahajan, Stanford
"Non-Fermi liquids and the Wiedemann-Franz law"
109. Seminar Aug 7th, 2013 (Wed 3:00 pm) Rohit Dilip Holkar, University of Goettingen
"Groupoids with Haar system and their C*-algebras"
108. Seminar Aug 2nd, 2013 (Fri 4:00 pm) Prasenjit Guptasarma, Department of Physics, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, WI, USA
"Magnetoelectric Behavior in Complex Oxides"
107. Seminar Aug Ist, 2013 (Thur 4:00 pm) Dr. M. Shanmugam, Northwestern University, Evanston-60202, IL-USA
"Modeling of Magnetic Data of Family of Tetranuclear Clusters"
106. Seminar July 17th, 2013 (Wed 4:00 pm) Dr B K Mishra, Umea University, Sweden
"CH-pi interaction : Substituents' influence"
105. Seminar July 9th, 2013 (Tues 4:00 pm) Dr. Saroj L. Samal
"Intermetallics: Complex, Metallic and Diverse Chemistry. Case Studies in Ca-Pt-Cd and R-Mn-Au Systems"
104. Seminar July 8th, 2013 (Mon 4:00 pm) Dr. D. V. Senthilkumar, Potsdam Germany
"Synchronization in networks of time-delay systems"
103. Seminar June 27th, 2013 (Wed 4:00 pm) Dr. Niraj Kumar, UCSD
"Stochastic thermodynamics: Efficiency at maximum power"
102. Seminar June 26th, 2013 (Wed 4:00 pm) Prof. Rajaram Nityananda
"The global geometry of polarised light- a tale of two spheres"
101. Seminar June 25th, 2013 (Tues 4:00 pm) Dr. Tarak Nath Burai
"Ultrafast Photo-processes in Neat Solutions and Microheterogeneous Media"
100. Seminar June 21st, 2013 (Fri 4:00 pm) B.G. Manjunath
"Recent results on Gaussian Distribution"
99. Seminar June 17th, 2013 (Mon 4:00 pm) Dr. Somendra Nath Chakraborty
"Understanding Formation of Methane Hydrates using Molecular Simulations"
98. Seminar June 13th, 2013 (Thur 4:00 pm) Dr. Biplab Biswas, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany
"A Magneto-Structural Study on Polynuclear Metal Complexes"
97. Seminar June 12th, 2013 (Wed 4:00 pm) Dr. Shahnaz Lone, Johns Hopkins University, USA
"Circadian regulation of male driven sociosexual interactions in Drosophila melanogaster"
96. Seminar June 11th, 2013 (Tues 4:00 pm) Dr. Suman Maji
"Implication of a tricopper centre at the active site of particulate methane monooxygenase"
95. Seminar June 4th, 2013 (Tue 4:00 pm) Dr. Sakya Sen
"Chemistry of functionalized silylenes and inter-connected bis-silylene"
94. Seminar May 30th, 2013 (Thur 4:00 pm) Dr. Geetanjali Chawla, Indiana University Bloomington, IN, USA
"Regulation of Drosophila let-7-Complex miRNAs and their role in neurodegeneration"
93. Seminar May 28th, 2013 (Tues 3:00 pm) Dr. Bhaskar Kaviraj, NIMS Japan
"Noise Correlations in Three-Terminal Diffusive Superconductor-Normal Metal-Superconductor Nanostructures"
92. Seminar May 20th, 2013 (Mon 4:00 pm) Dr. P. Balanarayan, Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa 32000, Israel
"Atoms and Molecules: structure, reactivity and interactions with a laser"
91. Seminar May 16th, 2013 (Thur 3:00 pm) Prof. Utpal Nath, Department of Microbiology and Cell Biology, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
"Direction no bar: multiple growth polarity during leaf morphogenesis and its control by a micro RNA"
90. Seminar May 14th, 2013 (Tues 4:00 pm) Dr. G Gopakumar, Max-Planck-Institut für Kohlenforschung
"Computational Studies: From Clusters to Catalysis"
89. Seminar May 8th, 2013 (Wed 3:00 pm) Prof. Somdeb Lahiri, Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, School of Petroleum Management, Gandhinagar
"Voluntary provision of a public good in a strategic market game"
88. Seminar April 30th, 2013 (Tues 4:00 pm) Dr. Sanjay Singh, UGC-DAE CSR Indore
"Structural and Magnetic Properties of Ni-Mn-Ga Ferromganteic Shape Memory Alloys"
87. Seminar April 26th, 2013 (Fri 4:00 pm) Prof. Indranil Biswas, TIFR Bombay
"A construction of universal connection"
86. Seminar April 23rd, 2013 (Tues 4:00 pm) Prof. Francois Labourie, Département de Mathématique d'Orsay
"Cross ratios and surface groups"
85. Seminar April 23rd, 2013 (Tues 4:00 pm) Dr. Manjari Jain, National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS), Bangalore
"In pursuit of silence: communication in complex and noisy acoustic environments"
84. Seminar April 22nd, 2013 (Mon 4:00 pm) Dr. Asif Qureshi, Department of Environmental Health, Harvard University, USA
"Global environmental cycling of mercury: using science to help inform policy"
83. Colloquium April 19th, 2013 (Fri 5:00 pm) Prof. G Rajasekran, CMI
"Neutrinos and INO"
82. Seminar April 19th, 2013 (Fri 4:00 pm) Prof. Ravi S. Kulkarni, IIT Bombay
"z-classes in p-groups"
81. Seminar April 18th, 2013 (Thur 4:00 pm) Dr. Rampal Pandey
80. Seminar April 18th, 2013 (Thur 4:00 pm) Dr. B. Kundu, National Geophysical Research Institute, Hyderabad
"Tectonic Geodesy revealing geodynamic complexity of the Indo-Burmese arc region, NE-India"
79. Seminar April 18th, 2013 (Thur 3:00 pm) Dr. Alison Pischedda, University of California, Santa Barbara, USA
"Investigating sexual selection and sexual conflict in the Drosophila melanogaster model system"
78. Seminar April 16th, 2013 (Tues 4:00 pm) Dr. Viswanathan S Saji
"Electrodeposition for efficient and economic non-vacuum processed CuIn (1-x)GaxSe2 (CIGS) solar cells"
77. Seminar April 16th, 2013 (Tues 4:00 pm) Dr. Surajit Paul, IUCAA
"Blast wave formation in galaxy cluster mergers and its role in evolution of energy and structures at large scales"
76. Seminar April 16th, 2013 (Tues 3:00 pm) Dr. P. Morthekai, National Geophysical Research Institute, Hyderabad
"Optically Stimulated Luminescence and its Applications"
75. Seminar April 15th, 2013 (Thur 5:00 pm) Dr. Bhavna Bhalla, Institute of Management Technology Ghaziabad
"Understanding Communication through Indian Knowledge Tradition"
74. Seminar April 15th, 2013 (Thur 4:00 pm) Dr. Sabyasachi Rakshit, Iowa State University
"Measuring force-induced kinetics of cadherin binding at the single molecule level"
73. Seminar April 15th, 2013 (Thur 3:00 pm) Dr. R. Vijayaraghavan, TIFR
"SUPERCONDUCTING CIRCUITS FOR QUANTUM INFORMATION PROCESSING"
72. Seminar April 15th, 2013 (Mon 3:00 pm) Dr. Manvendra K. Singh, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia USA
"Role of Semaphorin3D in Cardiovascular development and disease"
71. Seminar April 12th, 2013 (Fri 3:00 pm) Dr. Abrar Qurashi, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York USA
"Genetics and Genomics Non coding RNA-mediated neurodegeneration in fragile X-associated tremor/ataxia syndrome"
70. Colloquium April 11th, 2013 (Thur 4:00 pm) Prof. T. V. Ramakrishnan, BHU & IISc
"Many electrons moving but strongly avoiding each other"
69. Colloquium April 11th, 2013 (Thur 3:00 pm) Dr. Parth R. Chauhan, Department of Archaeology & Ancient Indian History, M.S. University of Baroda INDIA
"Pursuing human evolutionary studies in India: An inter-disciplinary perspective"
68. Seminar April 10th, 2013 (Wed 4:00 pm) Dr. Amit Nag, Beyond diffraction limit of light: near-field optical microscopy
"Many electrons moving but strongly avoiding each other"
67. Seminar April 8th, 2013 (Mon 3:00 pm) Dr. Gyan Prakash, BITS Pilani
"The Enigma of Mind and Body Relation: A Buddhist Approach to Rylean Problem"
66. Seminar April 5th, 2013 (Fri 4:00 pm) Professor Mangala Narlikar
"Weird dice of Sicherman and unique factorization of polynomials"
65. Seminar April 4th, 2013 (Thur 4:00 pm) Dr. Kailash C. Jena, Institute of Bioengineering École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland
"Nonlinear light scattering spectroscopy and its relevance for probing the biological molecules at hidden soft matter and planar interfaces"
64. Seminar April 3rd, 2013 (Wed 3:00 pm) Sanjeev Sharma, Research Associate, Humanities & Social Sciences, IISER, Mohali
"Voices from high altitudes: Understanding impacts of climate change in Himachal Pradesh"
63. Seminar April 2nd, 2013 (Tues 5:00 pm) Dr. S Arivazhagan, Department of Geology, Periyar University
"Reflectance spectra of analog rocks and implications for lunar exploration"
62. Seminar April 2nd, 2013 (Tues 4:00 pm) Prof. P. T. Manoharan, INSA Senior Scientist Department of Chemistry IIT Chennai
"Influence of Temperature Dependant Ligand Dynamics on Change of Spin States in Cu(II) and Fe(II) in Complex Moiety in Solid State"
61. Seminar April 2nd, 2013 (Tues 4:00 pm) Dr. Neelam Chauhan, National Central University, Taiwan
"Star formation in the vicinity of the HII regions"
60. Seminar April 2nd, 2013 (Tues 3:00 pm) Dr. Rhitoban Ray Choudhury, Purdue University, USA
"Genetics and Genomics of Insect Symbionts"
59. Seminar April 2nd, 2013 (Tues 2:00 pm) Dr. Gopala Krishna Darbha, Institute of Nuclear Waste Disposal, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany
"DETECTION OF CONTAMINANTS IN THE ENVIRONMENT AND PREDICTION OF THEIR TRANSPORT IN THE SUBSURFACE ENVIRONMENT"
58. Seminar April 1st, 2013 (Mon 4:00 pm) Dr. Swagat Mohapatra
"N-DOPING OF ORGANIC ELECTRONIC MATERIALS USING AIR-STABLE ORGANOMETALLICS"
57. Seminar April 1st, 2013 (Mon 3:00 pm) Dr. Ruchira Sen, Purdue University, USA
"The dynamics of symbiont mediated crop protection by attine ants"
56. Seminar March 28th, 2013 (Thur 4:00 pm) Dr. J. Sreedhar Reddy, University of Muenster, Germany
"Role of Molecular Design and Packing in Organic Semiconductor Materials for High Performance Field Effect Transistors (FETs)"
55. Seminar March 26th, 2013 (Tue 4:00 pm) Dr. Nivedita Mitra, Yale University, USA
"Membrane proteins in human evolution and disease: studying them in cells and reconstituted lipid bilayers"
54. Seminar March 26th, 2013 (Tue 3:00 pm) Dr. Sharvan Sehrawat, Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, USA
"Function and differentiation of virus-specific CD8 T cells"
53. Seminar March 25th, 2013 (Mon 4:00 pm) Dr. Amol M Kendhale, Department of Chemical Engineering, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands
"Novel Artificial Architect: From design to Applications"
52. Seminar March 20th, 2013 (Wed 4:00 pm) The Raj in Colonial India and the Paradoxes of Wildlife Conservation: British Attitudes and Expediencies
"Dr. Vijaya Ramadas Mandala, Machester University"
51. Seminar March 18th, 2013 (Mon 4:00 pm) Dr. Sibansu Mukhopadhyay, University of Calcutta
"Decoding the Power of Language: From the Crossroads of Linguistics, Politics and Philosophy"
50. Seminar March 16th, 2013 (Tues 6:00 pm) Sh. Hari Pulakkat, Bangalore based Science Journalist and Science Writer
"Science journalism: is there a future in it as a profession?"
49. Seminar March 15th, 2013 (Fri 4:00 pm) Dr. Anup Prasad, School of Earth and Environmental Sciences, Schmid College of Science and Technology, Chapman University, Orange, CA, USA
"The talk will be technical- accessible to mathmajors and faculty"
48. Seminar March 14th, 2013 (Thur 3:00 pm) Dr. Rahul Hiremath, IISc. Bangalore
"Low Carbon Path for Sustainable Development"
47. Seminar March 11th, 2013 (Mon 4:00 pm) Dr. Syed Masood Husain, National Centre for Biological Sciences, TIFR, Bangalore
"Unraveling the Biosynthesis of Natural Products using Chemical Tools"
46. Seminar March 11th, 2013 (Mon 4:00 pm) Professor M.S. Raghunathan
"The talk will be technical--accessible to mathmajors and faculty"
45. Seminar March 7th, 2013 (Thur 4:00 pm) Dr. Preetam Singh
"Materials for Alternative Energy"
44. Seminar March 7th, 2013 (Thur 4:00 pm) Dr. Krishan Kumar Sony, University of Rajasthan
"Neuropsychological assessment for cognitive decline in acclimatized low landers staying at high altitude"
43. Seminar March 5th, 2013 (Tues 3:00 pm) Dr. Malik Keshwani, Univ. of California, San Diego, USA
"cAMP dependent protein kinase A (PKA): New insights from an old kinase"
42. Seminar March 4th, 2013 (Mon 4:00 pm) Dr. Satyabrata S I
"Gold Nanoparticles: A Promising Material for Nanotechnology"
41. Seminar March 4th, 2013 (Mon 4:00 pm) Dr. Amit Apte, TIFR (CAM), Bangalore
"When nonlinearity meets uncertainty: a Bayesian perspective on data assimilation"
40. Seminar March 4th, 2013 (Mon 3:00 pm) Dr. Debamalya Banerjee, Max Planck, Muelheim
"Investigating spin dynamics with microwave: Applications in condensed matter physics to biology"
39. Seminar March 4th, 2013 (Mon 12:00 noon) Prof. M. Krishnamurthy, TIFR
"Accelerating neutral atoms on a table-top"
38. Seminar March 1st, 2013 (Fri 5:00 pm) Dr. Jennifer Fluri, Associate Prof. Dartmouth College
"States of (in)security: corporeal geographies and bio-technologies"
37. Seminar March 1st, 2013 (Fri 3:00 pm) Dr. Paras Anand, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Memphis, TN, USA
"Nod-Like Receptors in Pathogen Recognition and Host Defense"
36. Colloquium February 26th, 2013 (Wed 4:00 pm) Prof. Jitendra P Khurana, University of Delhi, South Campus
"Plant Genome Research: Implications for Crop Improvement"
35. Seminar February 25th, 2013 (Fri 4:00 pm) Prof. Jörn Manz, Institut für Chemie und Biochemie, Freie Universität Berlin, GERMANY
"PANTA RHEI - ELECTRON FLUXES DURING CHEMICAL REACTIONS"
34. Seminar February 25th, 2013 (Mon 4:00 pm) Dr. Bindusar Sahoo, Nikhef, Amsterdam
"Topologically massive higher-spin gravity"
33. Seminar February 22nd, 2013 (Fri 4:00 pm) Prof. A.J.C. Varandas Departamento de Qu ́ımica, Universidade de Coimbra, 3005 535 Coimbra, Portugal
"Odd-hydrogen: energetics and role on bimolecular and water-cluster mediated atmospheric reactions"
32. Seminar February 20th, 2013 (Wed 4:00 pm) Prof. Maxwell J. Crossley School of Chemistry, The University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
"Functionalisation of the porphyrin periphery for photosynthesis and energy up-conversion studies"
31. Seminar February 19th, 2013 (Tues 3:00 pm) Dr. Ritesh Gautam, NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center
"Atmospheric Aerosols and the South Asian Climate System"
30. Seminar February 18th, 2013 (Mon 4:00 pm) Dr. Vivek Rai, New York University School of Medicine
"The RAGE Axis: Novel Molecular and Structural Insights and Key Regulations in Diseases: Inflammation to Cancer"
29. Seminar February 18th, 2013 (Mon 3:00 pm) Dr. Ramanujam Srinivasan, National University of Singapore
"Assembly and Dynamics of Bacterial Cytoskeleton: Fission Yeast - A Cellular Model"
28. Seminar February 15th, 2013 (Fri 4:00 pm) Dr. Suchandan Kayal
"Estimating the Renyi Entropy of Several Exponential Populations"
27. Seminar February 15th, 2013 (Fri 3:00 pm) Dr. Ravindresh Chhabra
"Role of miR-23a~27a~24-2 cluster in the induction of apoptosis"
26. Seminar February 13th, 2013 (Wed 3:00 pm) Dr. Saravanan Matheshwaran, EMBL, Heidelberg, Germany
"Chromatin Recognition and Remodeling: Interactions between Histone Core and Actin Related Protein 8 (Arp8)"
25. Seminar February 13th, 2013 (Wed 2:00 pm) Prof. Carlos Trallero, J. R. M. Laboratory, Kansas State University
"Learning about molecules with extreme non-linear optics"
24. Colloquium February 8th, 2013 (Fri 4:00 pm) Dr. Shyamashree Upadhyay, IIT Guwahati
"An algorithm for computing the HK function of "disjoint-term trinomial" hyper surfaces"
23. Colloquium February 7th, 2013 (Thur 5:00 pm) Prof. Yehiam Prior, Weizmann Institute of Science
"Molecular Manipulation by Ultrafast Laser Pulses"
22. Seminar February 7th, 2013 (Thur 4:00 pm) Dr. Umakanta Tripathy, McGill Uni., Canada
"Detecting malaria and imaging extra cellular matrix in tissues by multi-modal nonlinear laser scanning microscopy (NLSM)"
21. Seminar February 4th, 2013 (Mon 4:00 pm) Dr. Dharmarajan Guha, IISER Kolkata
"Spatial variation in disease resistance and tolerance in a natural vector-parasite system: Do disease "hot-spots" breed more deadly mosquitoes?"
20. Seminar February 1st, 2013 (Fri 4:00 pm) Dr. Sartaj Ul Hasan, Carleton University, Canada
"Vector Sequences Over Finite Fields"
19. Seminar February 1st, 2013 (Fri 4:00 pm) Prof. Makoto Yasuda, Department of Applied Chemistry, Osaka University, Japan
"Lewis Acid Chemistry of Designed Borate Esters Using Cage-Shaped Organic Framework"
18. Seminar January 31st, 2013 (Thur 3:00 pm) Dr. Dhruv K. Sethi, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
"T cell antigens: Selection, presentation and recognition"
17. Seminar January 28th, 2013 (Mon 5:00 pm) Dr. Kausik Giri
"High-dimensional Quantum Dynamics Using MCTDH"
16. Seminar January 28th, 2013 (Mon 4:00 pm) Dr. Priyotosh Bandyopadhyay, Helsinki Inst. of Phys.
"Perspective of Higgs searches at the LHC"
15. Seminar January 23rd, 2013 (Wed 2:00 pm) Dr. Santanu Karan, Imperial College, London
"Making Thinner for Faster: Diamond-Like Carbon Nanosheets Crafted Into Super Permeable Membranes"
14. Seminar January 21st, 2013 (Mon 5:00 pm) Dr. Gina Bloodworth, Salisbury University
"Dams and dam removal in America: pragmatism or ideology?"
13. Seminar January 21st, 2013 (Mon 4:00 pm) Dr. Anuj Sharma, Panjab University Chandigarh
"Improvement in recognition of handwritten text using structural features"
12. Seminar January 18th, 2013 (Fri 4:00 pm) Dr. Priyanka Shukla, IISER Kolkata
"Dynamics of Granular Matter: shear banding and order parameter theory"
11. Seminar January 17th, 2013 (Thur 4:00 pm) Dr. Sudipta Sarkar, IMSc Chennai
"Black Hole Thermodynamics: Beyond General Relativity"
10. Seminar January 16th, 2013 (Wed 5:00 pm) Dr. Sudarshan Iyengar, IIT Ropar
"Understanding Navigational Algorithms with Network Analysis"
9. Seminar January 11th, 2013 (Fri 4:00 pm) Dr. William Bloss, University of Birmingham
"Trees, Alkenes & Ozone: Chamber & Field Studies of Atmospheric Chemistry"
8. Seminar January 11th, 2013 (Fri 4:00 pm) Dr. Dipanjan Chakraborty, MPI Stuttgart, Germany
"Brownian Motion of a Heated Colloid"
7. Seminar January 11th, 2013 (Fri 4:00 pm) Dr. Rasmita Kar
"Existence of Solutions for a Class of Non-Linear Elliptic Equations"
6. Seminar January 10th, 2013 (Thur 4:00 pm) Dr. Chandreyee Sengupta, IIA-Spain
"Sociology of galaxies: some aspects of galaxy evolution in low density environments"
5. Seminar January 9th, 2013 (Wed 5:15 pm) Prof. Roland Lefebvre, Universite Paris Sud, Orsay
"Exceptional Resonances for a control of molecular processes"
4. Seminar January 9th, 2013 (Wed 4:00 pm) Prof. Helene Lefebvre Brion, Universite Paris Sud, Orsay
"Adiabatic vs Diabatic models and coupled channel treatments for diatomic molecules"
3. Seminar January 7th, 2013 (Mon 12:00 noon) Dr. A. Chandrakant Sharma, Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg
"Rational points on Elliptic curves and congruences between Modular forms"
2. Seminar January 7th, 2013 (Mon 4:00 pm) Dr. Saumyadip Samui, Durban
"High redshift Universe : A semi-analytical approach"
1. Seminar January 2nd, 2013 (Wed 4:00 pm) Dr. Jeanne Scott, IMSc, Chennai
"Multivariate Poincare Polynomials"
Back to Archive
- Last Updated: