Honours/ Awards/ Achievements:
- J.C. BOSE National Fellowship (DST) Award (2010-)
- Elected Fellow of the Indian National Science Academy (INSA), New Delhi, 2010.
- Elected, Fellow of The Indian Academy of Sciences (2007).
- M. Sreenivasaya Memorial Award, by SBC, India, 2005.
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize in Biological Sciences, 1998.
- Elected, Fellow of The National Academy of Sciences, India (1996).
- Society of Biological Chemists, Life Member, 1995 (India).
- Guha Research Conference (India, Elected, 1994).
Sarkar, Debi P. Ramani, Komal, Bora, Roop S., Kumar, Mukesh, and Tyagi, Sandeep K. Process for Producing A Targeted Gene. US Patent Application Granted. Patent No. 5,683,866; Date. 4th Nov, 1997.
- Debi P. Sarkar et. al. (2005) “Process for producing modified reconstituted Sendai viral envelope specific for drug and/or gene delivery to liver cells” Indian Patent Applications Filed. #1003/Del/2005 dated 21/4/2005. PCT application filed, October, 2005 (PCT No. PCT/IN2006/000061 dated 6th Nov., 2009). USA Patent Application Published, Pub. No. US 2010/0047897 A1, dated 25th Feb., 2010, Accepted/Published other countries March, 2011.
Induction of Transcriptional Gene Silencing by Expression of shRNA Directed to c-Myc P2 Promoter in Hepatocellular Carcinoma by Tissue-Specific Virosomal Delivery. Mohammad Khalid Zakaria, Debi P. Sarkar and Parthaprasad Chattopadhyay. Methods Mol Biol. 2017; 1543:245-257. IF:1.2
Imran Khan, Mohammad Khalid Zakaria, Mukesh Kumar, Prashant Mani, Parthaprasad Chattopadhyay, Debi P. Sarkar and Subrata Sinha. A novel placental like alkaline phosphatase promoter driven transcriptional silencing combined with single chain variable fragment based virosomal delivery for neoplastic cell targeting. Journal of Translational Medicine 13, 254; DOI 10.1186/s/12967-015-0602-1 (Published on line 5th August, 2015) IF:3.93
Provas Das, Shekhar Saha, Sunandini Chandra, Alakesh Das, Sumit K. Dey, MahuaR Das, Shamik Sen, Debi P Sarkar and Siddhartha S Jana. Phosphorylation of Nonmuscle myosin II-A regulatory light chain resists Sendai virus fusion with host cells. Scientific Reports (Nature Group), 5, 10395; doi:10.038/srep 10395 (2015) IF:5.578
Mukesh Kumar, Prashant Mani, Pooja Pratheesh, Sunandini Chandra, Meghala Jeyakkodi, Parthaprasad Chattopadhyay , Debi P. Sarkar and Subrata Sinha. Membrane fusion mediated targeted cytosolic drug delivery through scFv engineered Sendai viral envelopes. Current Molecular Medicine , 15:1-15, 2015 IF:3.621
Zakaria Khalid Mohammad, Khan Imran, Mani Prashant, Chattopadhyay Parthaprasad, Sarkar P Debi, Sinha Subrata. Hepatocellular Carcinoma Specific Transcriptional Interference of c-Myc promoter by alpha-fetoprotein and Sendai Virosome Based dsRNA System. The FASEB Journal, vol. 29 no. 1 Supplement, April 2015. IF:5.043
Zakaria Khalid Mohammad, Khan Imran, Mani Prashant, Sarkar P Debi, Chattopadhyay Parthaprasad, Sinha Subrata. Epigenetic repression of c-Myc P2 promoter by Sendai F-virosome mediated delivery of tumor specific shRNA in Hepatoma cells. Molecular Biology of Cell, vol. 25 no. 25, 3987, Dec 15 2014. IF:4.466
Zakaria Khalid Mohammad, Khan Imran, Mani Prashant, Chattopadhyay Parthaprasad, Sarkar P Debi, Sinha Subrata. Combination of hepatocyte specific delivery and transformation dependent expression of shRNA inducing transcriptional gene silencing of c-Myc promoter in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. BMC Cancer, 14:582, 2014. IF:3.362
Prasanna Bhat, Sivakumar Vadivel Gnanasundram, Prashant Mani, Debi P Sarkar and Saumitra Das. Targeting ribosome assembly on the HCV RNA using a small RNA molecule. RNA Biology, 9, 1-10, 2012 IF: 5.5
Google Scholar for detailed publication list.