Our research primarily centres on the following areas
- Development of stereoselective reactions with relevance to both medicinal and natural products chemistry with particular emphasis on
1. Brønsted and Lewis acid catalysis
2. Asymmetric organocatalysis [involving small molecule amines and amino acids, and phosphines]
3. Cooperative catalysis [one-pot sequential and relay catalysis]
4. Development of one-pot domino/tandem processes
- Development of green and sustainable synthetic chemistry, and atom economic reactions.
- Application of aforementioned strategies in the total synthesis of architecturally complex bioactive natural products and pharmaceutically important compounds.
- Emphasis on cultivating medicinal chemistry aspects and industry-relevant research.
The new synthetic methodologies are designed to incorporate the concepts such as asymmetric synthesis (predominantly through asymmetric catalysis), diversity oriented approaches, green and sustainable chemistry, step and atom economic reactions via the development of tandem/domino processes, etc. The philosophy of my research is that the methods we develop should be user-friendly, experimentally trivial, scalable and environmentally friendly and economically sound, while providing access to otherwise difficult targets of structural and biological significance.
Click Here for the complete list of publications
- Satpathi, B.; Wagulde, S. V.; Ramasastry, S. S. V. Chem. Comm. 2017, DOI: 10.1039/C7CC02524F.
- Mishra, U. K.; Yadav, S.; Ramasastry, S. S. V. J. Org. Chem. 2017, DOI: 10.1021/acs.joc.7b00865.
- Raghu, M.;‡ Grover, J.;‡ Ramasastry, S. S. V. Chem. Eur. J. 2016, 22, 18316. [Invited for a ‘Frontispiece’] [‡These authors contributed equally to this work]
- Satpathi, B.; Ramasastry, S. S. V. Synlett 2016, 27, 2178. [Invited 'Synpacts' article]
- Bankar, S. K.; Mathew, J.; Ramasastry, S. S. V. Chem. Commun. 2016, 52, 5569. [Highlighted in 'Synfacts', See: Snieckus, V.; Gomes, S. Synfacts 2016, 12, 0563]
- Dhiman, S.; Mishra, U. K.; Ramasastry, S. S. V. Angew. Chem. Intl. Ed. 2016, 55, 7737.
- Shirke, R. P.;† Reddy, V.;† Anand, R. V.; Ramasastry, S. S. V. Synthesis 2016, 48, 1865. [Invited article towards the special issue ‘Cyclization Tactics and Strategies’] [†These authors contributed equally to this work]
- Manisha.; Dhiman, S.; Mathew, J.; Ramasastry, S. S. V. Org. Biomol. Chem. 2016, 14, 5563. [Invited article towards the thematic issue 'New Talent’]
- Satpathi, B,; Ramasastry, S. S. V. Angew. Chem. Intl. Ed. 2016, 55, 1777.