| Dr. Sripada S. V. Ramasastry |
Assistant Professor (Chemistry)
Knowledge city, Sector 81, SAS Nagar,
Manauli PO 140306
Web: Group Homepage
Tel: (+91)-172 2293169
Research Area: Organic Synthesis and Catalysis
Our research primarily centres on the following areas
- Development of novel and stereoselective reactions with relevance to both medicinal and natural products chemistry. Towards this, we undertake active research in the following priority topics
- Bronsted and Lewis acid catalysis
- Asymmetric organocatalysis
- Cooperative/relay/sequential catalysis
- Total synthesis of architecturally complex N, O-containing bioactive natural products and pharmaceutically important compounds
The new synthetic methodologies are designed to incorporate the concepts such as asymmetric synthesis (predominantly through asymmetric catalysis, chiral pool approach), diversity oriented approaches, green and sustainable chemistry, step and atom economic reactions via the development of tandem/domino processes, etc. The philosophy of my research is that the methods we develop should be user-friendly, experimentally trivial, scalable and environmentally friendly and economically sound, while providing access to otherwise difficult targets of structural and biological significance.
- Dhiman, S.; Ramasastry, S. S. V. Chem. Commun., 2015, 51, 557 [One of the most read articles during Nov-2014]
- Ramasastry, S. S. V. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2014, DOI: 10.1002/anie.201409410R1 and 10.1002/ange.201409410R1 [One of the most accessed articles in Nov-2014]
- Kasare, S.; Bankar, S. K.; Ramasastry, S. S. V. Org. Lett., 2014, 16, 4284.
- Satpathi, B.; Dhiman, S.; Ramasastry, S. S. V. Eur. J. Org. Chem., 2014, 2022.
- Dhiman, S.; Ramasastry, S. S. V. Org. Biomol. Chem., 2013, 11, 8030.
- Dhiman, S.; Ramasastry, S. S. V. J. Org. Chem., 2013, 78, 10427.
- Dhiman, S.; Ramasastry, S. S. V. Org. Biomol. Chem., 2013, 11, 4299.
- Dhiman, S.; Ramasastry, S. S. V. Ind. J. Chem., 2013, 52A, 1103. [Invited article in the thematic issue titled 'Complex Chemical Systems']