Associate Professor (Physics)
Knowledge city, Sector 81, SAS Nagar,
Manauli PO 140306
Research Area: Ultrafast Quantum Dynamics and Stochastic nonlinear dynamics
Current research interests:
Ultrafast Quantum Dynamics of Atoms and Molecules:
I am interested in dynamics of atomic and simple molecular systems exposed to shaped intense fs/as light pulses. The basic objective of my research has been two-fold: (i) to develop an understanding of the emerging phenomena when atomic/molecular systems interact with ultrafast light pulses, and (ii) to explore new quantum control scenarios of the fundamental photo-processes such as ionization, dissociation, electron localization etc.
Stochastic nonlinear dynamics:
I want to investigate phenomenon akin to Stochastic Resonance (SR) where an addition of noise (or disorder) into a nonlinear system can indeed improve its response.
- D. Ray, F. He, S. De, W. Cao, H. Mashiko, P. Ranitovic, K. P. Singh, I. Znakovskaya, U. Thumm, G. G. Paulus, M. F. Kling, I. Litvinyuk, C. L. Cocke, "Ion energy dependence of asymmetric dissociation", Phys. Rev. Lett. 103, 223201 (2009).
- Kamal P. Singh, A. Kenfack, and Jan M. Rost, "Femtosecond Photodissociation of Molecules Facilitated by Noise",
Phys. Rev. A 77, 022707 (2008).
- Kamal P. Singh and Jan M. Rost, "Optimal Stochastic Enhancement of Photoionization", Phys. Rev. Lett. 98, 160201 (2007).
- K. P. Singh, G. Ropars, M. Brunel, and A. Le Floch, "Lever-Assisted Two-Noise Stochastic
Phys. Rev. Lett. 90, 073901 (2003).
- K. P. Singh, G. Ropars, M. Brunel, F. Bretenaker, and A. Le Floch, "Stochastic Resonances in an Optical Two-Order Parameter Vectorial System", Phys. Rev. Lett. 87, 213901 (2001).