INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE EDUCATION & RESEARCH, MOHALI
Assistant Professor (Physics)
Knowledge city, Sector 81, SAS Nagar,
Manauli PO 140306
Research Area: Quantum Mechanics and Bose Einstein condensation.
My research is focused to understand the nontrivial aspects of quantum physics and to develop
new experimental methods to explore the counter intuitive aspects of quantum physics.
Quantum superposition principle, which is regarded as the foundation of quantum physics,
signifies that the matter can be located at different locations at a given instant of time. In
general, a quantum system can exist in mutually exclusive configurations at a time. For
example, a living organism can be alive and dead simultaneously if it is isolated and
unobserved. Such type of counter intuitive possibilities are named as the Schrodinger cat states
or the macroscopically entangled quantum states. In this regard, I have introduced a new
quantum system named as Flux-Qubit-Cantilever. This experimentally implementable quantum
system can be utilized to realise macroscopically entangled quantum states.
(For details visit www.mandipflora.com)
I am an experimental physicist however, I am also doing research on the theoretical aspect of
quantum mechanics. I have established two research labs at IISER Mohali to do experimental
research on quantum physics with laser cooled atoms, Bose Einstein condensation, atom chips
and photon entanglement.
Others: Best teacher award of the year (2016) from IISER Mohali.
- Macroscopic quantum oscillator based on a flux qubit. Mandip Singh Physics Letters A, 379, 2001-2006 (2015).
- A Bose-Einstein condensate of meta-stable helium for quantum correlation experiments. M. Keller, M. Kotyrba, F. Leupold, Mandip Singh M. Ebner and A. Zeilinger. Phys. Rev. A 90, 063607, (2014).
- Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen correlations from colliding Bose-Einstein condensates. J. Kofler, Mandip Singh, M. Ebner, M. Keller, M. Kotyrba and A. Zeilinger. Phys. Rev. A 86, 032115 (2012).
- Dynamics of reflection of ultracold atoms from a periodic one-dimensional magnetic lattice potential. Mandip Singh, R. McLean, A. Sidorov and P. Hannaford. Phys. Rev. A, 79, 053407, (2009).
- Macroscopic entanglement of a Bose-Einstein Condensate and a superconducting loop. Mandip Singh. Optics Express, 17, 2600 (2009).
- One dimensional lattice of permanent magnetic microtraps for ultracold atoms on an atom chip. Mandip Singh, A. Akulshin, A. Sidorov, R. McLean and P. Hannaford. J. Phys. B: At. Mol. Opt. Phys. 41, 065301 (2008).
back to faculty page