INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE EDUCATION & RESEARCH, MOHALI
Assistant Professor (Chemistry)
Knowledge city, Sector 81, SAS Nagar,
Manauli PO 140306
Research Area: Materials Chemistry
My research interest is in the area of solution synthesis of functional inorganic materials especially oxides both in the form of bulk and thin films and exploring their application as heterogeneous catalysts in biodiesel synthesis, components of solid oxide fuel cells, visible light activated photocatalysts for hydrogen generation by splitting of water, ceramic pigments and magneto-resistant materials. The synthetic techniques of interest to me are Hydrothermal, Regenerative Sol-Gel, Matrix Trapping and Decomposition Process. Emphasis is on the development of synthetic techniques which are environment/eco-friendly and have the potential for being scaled up for large scale industrial production.
- B. Rambabu, Samrat Ghosh and Hrudananda Jena, "Novel wet-chemical synthesis and characterization of nanocrystalline CeO2 and Ce0.8Gd0.2O1.9 as solid electrolyte for intermediate temperature solid oxide fuel cell (IT-SOFC) applications", Journal of Materials Science, 41 (2006) 7530.
- B. Rambabu, Samrat Ghosh, Weichang Zhao and Hrudananda Jena, "Innovative processing of dense LSGM electrolytes for IT-SOFC's", Journal of Power Sources, 159 (2006) 21.
- Anthony Chesnaud, Olivier Joubert, Maria-Teresa Caldes, Samrat Ghosh, Yves Piffard and Luc Brohan, "The Cuspidine-like compounds: Ln4[Ga2(1-x)Ge2xO7+x?1-x]O2 (Ln = La, Nd, Gd; x �0.4)", Chemistry of Materials, 16 (2004) 5372.
- Peter Adler and Samrat Ghosh, "Cobalt-induced ferromagnetic interactions and magnetoresistance in charge-ordered Sr2/3La1/3FeO3", Solid State Sciences, 5 (2003) 445.
- Samrat Ghosh and Peter Adler, "Evolution of electronic state, magnetism, and magnetotransport properties in Sr3Fe2-xCoxO7-y (x � 1)", Journal of Materials Chemistry, 12 (2002) 511.
back to faculty page