Assistant Professor (Organic Geochemistry)
Knowledge city, Sector 81, SAS Nagar,
Manauli PO 140306
Research Area: Organic Geochemistry, Geobiology, Biogeochemistry
I work in the following areas. For more details please see my other website.
- Changes in molecular structure and composition of biopolymers and
lipids in terrestrial and marine organisms in different
- Molecular structure, composition and formation pathway of kerogen in
important source rocks.
- Biogeochemistry of fossils and associated sediment from important Fossil Lagerstatten.
- Development of analytical and experimental techniques.
- Reconstruction of source input and assessment of thermal history of sedimentary organic matter using biomarkers.
- Biomolecular Paleontology.
- Experimental Taphonomy.
- Gupta, N.S. (Ed).Chitin: formation and diagenesis, Topics in geobiology, 2010, Springer.
- Gupta, N.S., Cody, G., Tetlie, E.O., Briggs, D.E.G., Summons, R.E., 2009. Rapid association of lipids into macromolecules during experimental decay of invertebrates: initiation of geopolymer formation. Organic Geochemistry 40, 589-594.
- Gupta, N.S., Landman, N.H., Briggs, D.E.G., Summons, R.E., 2008. Molecular structure of organic components in cephalopods: evidence for
oxidative cross linking in fossil marine invertebrates. Organic Geochemistry 39, 1405-1414.
- Gupta, N. S., Michels, R., Briggs, D. E. G., Collinson, M. E., Evershed, R. P., and Pancost. R. D., 2007. Experimental evidence for
formation of geomacromolecules from plant leaf lipids. Organic Geochemistry 38, 28-36.
- Gupta, N. S., R. Michels, R., Briggs, D. E. G., R. P. Evershed, R.P., and R. D. Pancost, R.D., 2006. Organic preservation of fossil arthropods: an experimental study. Proceedings of the Royal society of London B 273, 1471-2954.