Associate Professor (Chemistry)
Knowledge city, Sector 81, SAS Nagar,
Manauli PO 140306
Web: Vijay Research Group
Research Area: Synthetic Organic Chemistry
My research group will be focusing on the following areas:
- Organocatalyzed enantioselective transformations using chiral N-heterocyclic carbene (NHC) as a catalyst
- Development of a new class of chiral NHC-metal complexes and their applications in CH activation chemistry
- Total synthesis of natural and unnatural biologically active complex molecules
- Synthesis of unnatural small peptides and their applications in organocatalysis.
- "Base Mediated 5-endo-dig Cyclization of N-Propargyl-L-Proline Derivatives: A Facile Entry to Pyrrolizidine Scaffolds" Mahesh, S.; Pareek, M.; Ramanjaneyulu, B. T.; Kaur, G. and Anand, R. V.* Indian J. Chem., Sec. A 2013 (Accepted article).
(Invited Article for a Special Issue "Complex Chemical Systems")
- "Combining Oxidative N-Heterocyclic Carbene Catalysis with Click Chemistry: A Facile One-pot Approach to 1,2,3-Triazole Derivatives" Anjaneyulu, B. T.; Reddy, V.; Arde, P.; Mahesh, S and Anand, R. V.* Chem. Asian J. 2013, 8, 1489.
- "N-Heterocyclic Carbene Catalysed Aerobic Oxidation of Aromatic Aldehydes to Aryl Esters using Boronic Acids" Arde, P.; Ramanjaneyulu, B. T.; Reddy, V.; Saxena, A and Anand R. V.* Org. Biomol. Chem. 2012, 10, 848.
This article was one of the top ten most accessed articles in December 2011
This article has been highlighted in SYNFACTS (Synfacts 2012, 8, 0216)
- "Boric acid: An efficient and environmentally benign catalyst for transesterification of ethyl acetoacetate" Kondaiah, G. C. M.; Reddy, L. A.; Babu, K. S.; Gurav, V. M.; Huge, K. G.; Bandichhor, R.; Reddy, P. P.; Bhattacharya, A. and Anand, R. V.* Tetrahedron Lett.
2008, 49, 106
- "Fragmentation of Nitrone Triflates to 9-Membered Rings" Murphy, J. A.;* Mahesh, M.; McPheators, G.; Anand, R. V.; McGuire T. M. and Kennedy, A. R. Org. Lett. 2007, 9, 3233.