FAQ - PHD Aug 2019
- I am doing my Masters/Bachelors. I did not receive my final semester marks yet. How will I fill the percentage of Marks as I would be appearing for the exam in future.
Choose the Year of Passing as the year of when you will complete the degree.
Percentage/CGPA - Enter the marks obtained till date.
- I am having a fellowship which is not specified in the "JRF From" Selector. What will I select?
You need not select anything but you can specify the fellowship in the "Additional Information" at the last page of the form.
- The link to the application form is not working.
Please try after some time.
- Is it required to enter all the "Additional Information" in the form?
Provide all the information which would help to assess you better.
- I have done my Masters in Biotechnology. The form does not provide the option to select Biotechnology. What will I select for Masters?
Select as Masters in Biology and specify "Biotechnology" in the Specialization field.
- What is the eligibility to apply for PhD program at IISER Mohali?
Detailed criteria set by individual departments for PhD admissions:
• Department of Biological Sciences: The applicant should have a Masters degree/ B.Tech/ MBBS/ M.Tech with a good academic record (at least 60% and above) and should be GATE/CSIR or UGC-NET/ JEST/ NBHM-JRF/ GPAT/ ICMR-JRF/ DBT- JRF/DBT-BINC/ICAR-NET/DST- INSPIRE qualified in the relevant subject.
• Department of Chemical Sciences:The applicant should have M. Sc./MS degree in Chemistry/ Physics or equivalent with at least 55% marks for General and OBC candidates, and 50% for SC/ST and persons with Disability (PwD), and should have a valid NET/ GATE/ DST-Inspire/equivalent national level fellowship.
• Department of Mathematical Sciences:The applicant must have qualified one of the following examinations GATE/CSIR-UGC-NET/NBHM-JRF with Mathematics as the primary subject. Applicants who have obtained the DST-INSPIRE fellowship must have taken Mathematics as their primary subject during their Master's programme. Only applicants with an outstanding academic record and exceptional qualifications will be considered for admission.
• Department of Physical Sciences: The applicant should have a Masters degree in Physics or a Bachelors/Masters degree in Engineering, and should have a valid GATE/ CSIR-UGC-NET-JRF/ JEST/ DST-Inspire fellowship in Physics. The student must have a good academic record in M.Sc. (minimum 55% for General and OBC category, minimum 50% for SC/ST/PD.)
• Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences: The applicant should have M.Sc./ B.Tech/ M. Tech in Atmospheric Sciences/ Earth and Environmental Sciences/Geology/Chemistry/Physics/Environmental Biotechnology/Microbiology/Biotechnology and should have a valid GATE/ CSIR-UGC-NET/ DST-Inspire fellowship.
• Department of Humanities and Social Sciences:The PhD applicant should have M.A./M.Sc./M.Phil degree (minimum 55% for General and OBC category, minimum 50% for SC/ST/PD.) in one or more of the following subjects: Philosophy (Ethics,Indian Philosophy, Analytical Philosophy and Philosophy of Science)/ Sociology /Anthropology/ Palaeoanthropology / Archaeology / Ancient Indian History / Modern Indian History / Urban History / Political Economy / Gender Studies /Urban Studies /English Literature/Postmodernism/ Literary Theory/Science-in-theatre or related
- After submitting my form, it returns "Sorry your form is incomplete". What is it? How can I complete it?
Use the same login information sent to your email and fill up your application form. Make sure you fill all the mandatory fields marked by (*). After you click submit, it should return "Success, your form is complete". INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE REJECTED.
- I have submitted the online application form. Now only I have noticed that I made wrong entry in my Bachelors Percentage. How can I correct it?
Once the form is submitted online, you cannot modify/edit the submitted form. Register with a new email id and submit a fresh form and make sure your entries are correct before you click "Submit" at the end.
- What is Score Percentile?
Score Percentile is the percentage of candidates who appeared in the same paper and scored less marks than him/her.
Eg., Calculate the score percentile of Mr. Dev provided total number of candidates and his rank is given.
Total no of candidates appeared for exam = 5470
Mr. Dev Rank = 155
Number of candidates who have scored less marks than Mr. Dev = 5470 - 155= 5315
Score Percentile of Mr. Dev = (5315 / 5470) * 100 = 97.17
- In the competitive Exam details, I have filled my Gate score under Test Scores. I do not have any Test Qualification. What shall I fill under Test Qualification?
Leave the Test qualification and proceed to the next page. Either Test Scores or Test Qualification is mandatory to apply for PhD Program at IISERM.
- I do not have score percentile but I have Rank in GATE. What to enter in Score percentile?
Please enter your Rank and leave the score percentile blank. Entering Rank is mandatory and entering score percentile is optional.
- I am getting error when I enter my test scores. I am not able to submit the application because of the error appearing in the form?
- Whom should I contact for queries and support in Physics & Biology department?
The Support ids are listed below department-wise. Please send in your queries to the relevant department/section.
- Last Updated: