Recent Research Highlights
COVID-19 Research by CFTIs
COVID-related Research & Development Works done by Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs)
Recent Research Highlights from IISER Mohali
IISER Mohali Research In News
- Dr. Goutam Sheet - IISER Mohali scientists install coldest refrigerator in north India
- Dr. Samrat Ghosh - Operation Coro-Nation By Samrat Ghosh: A One-Man Army Against COVID-19 - YKA - Youth ki awaaz, Apr 14, 2020
- Dr. Samrat Ghosh - ANTI: VIRUS- Affordable, Non-hazardous, Technique from IISER: Vacuum for Indoor Removal of Unwanted Species
- ANB News Hindi, Feb 21, 2020
- Dainik Savera, Mar 5, 2020
- "News 18 Interview on Corona Discharge ANTI VIRUS Technique by Dr Samrat Ghosh" - News 18 Hindi, Feb 28, 2020
- "Viable Counter Measure for Corona Virus with ANTI VIRUS by Dr Samrat Ghosh" - News 18 Punjabi. Feb 28, 2020
- "Indian Scientist Samrat Ghosh find out technique to cure from corona virus" - Amarujala, Feb 20, 2020
- Dr. Samrat Ghosh --"Special mask kit to cure from coronavirus by indian institute of science and research-mohali" - Amarujala, Mar 13, 2020 - "nose nappy kit designed to protect against corona virus" - Mukhpatra, Mar 13, 2020 - "Special mask kit to cure from coronavirus by indian institute of science and research-mohali" - Marathi Newspapaer - Majhapper, Mar 13, 2020
- Prof. Jasjeet S Bagla - "Team of scientists measures atomic hydrogen gas that formed galaxies" - The Indian Express, Nov 23, 2019
- Article about IISER Mohali - Science and Sensibility - The Indian Express, Nov 11, 2019
- Dr. Samrat Ghosh - "IISER scientist make new mask which is more effective to fight pollution" - News18Hindi, Nov 06, 2019.
- Dr. Samrat Ghosh - "Mohali Scientist told about special masks, saved from diseases, will keep health healthy" - Amar Ujala, Nov 05, 2019.
- Prof. Jasjeet S Bagla - "Little change in gas mass of galaxies in 4 bn years: Study" - The Tribune, Nov 04, 2019.
- Prof. Jasjeet S Bagla - "Tracking Gas in Star-Forming Galaxies" - AAS Nova, Oct 14, 2019.
- Prof. Arvind - "Important to build expertise in quantum technologies: Dr Arvind" - The Indian Express, Oct 16, 2019.
- Dr. Samrat Ghosh - "Mohali's Scientist made unique gun" - Amar Ujala, Sep 04, 2019.
- Prof. Sudeshna Sinha -"The woman who brought order in computing from chaos" - HIndustan times, May 30, 2019.
- Dr. Samrat Ghosh - "Mohali Prof. comes up with a homely toor to fight fire" - Indian Express Today, May 29, 2019.
- Dr. Samart Ghosh, Dr. K.P.Singh, Ms Surbhi Garg, Ms Harleen Kaur - "In this Science Lab, things are made from waster material" - The Times of India, April 30, 2019
- Dr. Samrat Ghosh - "makes fireworks with cow urine" - The Times of India, April 22, 2019.
- Dr. Samrat Ghosh - "Developed SCENT(Sand Clock Evacuation Novel Trashcan) under the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan to offer an odour-free bin" - Indian Express April 10, 2019
- Prof. Kapil Hari Paranjape - Interview recorded by Rajya Sabha TV
- Prof. Arvind, Prof. Kavita Dorai, Dr. Mandip Singh, Dr. Sandeep Goyal - "Work on India's first quantum computer" - The Indian Express, April 08, 2019
- Dr. Samrat Ghosh - Exclusive: Meet The Scientist Behind Smoke-Free, Debris-Less & Low-Cost Firecrackers!
- Dr. Samrat Ghosh - Rajya Sabha TV, Science Monitor (English)
- Dr. Samrat Ghosh - Trash Course from a chemistry professor in Mohali, The Print dated June 22, 2018.
- Dr. Samrat Ghosh Group - Prototype of eco-friendly, smokeless fire crackers developed at IISER Mohali, The Times of India news youtube channel dated April 29, 2018.
- Dr. Samrat Ghosh Group -- Eco friendly prototype smoke-free firecrackers developed to hit the market this diwali - ANI News dated April 29, 2018.
- Dr. Samrat Ghosh Group - Business Standard Magazine: This Diwali go for this pollution-free firecracker; dated April 29, 2018.
- Dr. Samrat Ghosh Group - Deccan Chronicle e-Paper: Eco friendly prototype smoke-free firecrackers developed to hit the market this diwali; dated April 29, 2018.
- Dr. Vinayak Sinha - "Asia's Rising Scientists: Vinayak Sinha" - Asian Scientist , Mar 23, 2018
March 23, 2018 Read more from Asian Scientist Magazine at: https://www.asianscientist.com/2018/03/features/asias-rising-scientists-vinayak-sinha/
Dr. Mahak Sharma - "Women in Science: At IISER Mohali, Mahak Sharma studies trafficking pathways of cells" - First Post, Mar 07, 2018
Dr. Samrat Ghosh Group - "Cracker of an idea" - The Tribune, Feb 20, 2018
- Dr. Samrat Ghosh Group - "Smokeless crackers this Diwali. First prototype made in Mohali" - Hindustan Times, Feb 13, 2018
- Recent publication from Dr. Mahak Sharma group in the Journal of Cell Biology, The Rab7 effector PLEKHM1 binds Arl8b to promote cargo traffic to lysosomes was selected for The Year in Cell Biology—a collection of cutting-edge JCB article. More Details | More Info
- Rituraj Marwaha, Integrated MS-PhD student in the laboratory of Dr. Mahak Sharma, was awarded the Alan Hall and Norton B. Gilula Travel Award to attend the annual meeting of the American Society for Cell Biology.
- News Highlights: Membrane Trafficking Lab - Dr. Mahak Sharma Group
- Scientists decipher how Salmonella survives in human cells News Link - The Hindu Business Line, Nov 9, 2017
- A team led by Dr. Mahak Sharma at Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Mohali has uncovered the mechanism of how Salmonella manages access to membranes and nutrients in human cells through structures (known as lysosomes) that hold a variety of proteins for its own growth and survival - SciSoup, Nov 9, 2017.
- How Salmonella replicates inside the human cells - Scroll.in, Nov 10, 2017.
- Salmonella acquires both membrane and nutrients within a mature acidic vacuole in order to survive inside the host cell - FirstPost, Nov 9, 2017.
- Salmonella exploits the host endolysosomal tethering factor HOPS complex to promote its intravacuolar replication.
- News Highlights: Femtosecond Laser Lab - Dr. Kamal P. Singh Group
- "Getting the best out of super-strong spider silk" -The Indian Express, Sep 11, 2017
- "Spider's silk to be used for nanomotors" - Deccan Herald, Aug 28, 2017
- "Usefulness of Spider silk" - Dristhi , Aug 21, 2017
- "IISER Mohali: Spider silk, a material for the future” - The Hindu, Aug 20, 2017
- "Researchers use lasers to weld spider silk to kevlar" - ARS TECHNICA, USA, Aug 16, 2017
- "Researchers use lasers to weld spider silk to kevlar" - News Tube, USA, Aug 16, 2017
- Dr. Mahak Sharma - "Two small GTPases interact with a protein implicated in osteopetrosis, to regulate cargo delivery to lysosomes", Wellcome Trust DBT - Apr 12, 2017
- Dr. Lolitika Mandal's published work in Elife in the news - The Telegraph, Nov 7, 2016
- Dr. Yogesh Singh Group - "In Search of Quantum Spin Liquid" - Indian Express, July 31, 2016
- Dr. Sabyasachi Rakshit Group - "The high and low of sound" - Indian Express, Mar 13, 2016
- Prof. N. Sathyamurthy - "IISERs:emerging science universities of India" - Guest Editorial in Current Science, Mar 10, 2016 View PDF
- Belle II's SuperKEKB reaches test operation stage, eight Indian institutions involved in project - The Times of India, Mar 2. 2016
- Dr. Rajesh Ramachandran Group - "Retinal damage and blindness: can we learn from Zebra fish" - Indian Express, Feb14, 2016
- Dr. Goutam Sheet Group - "IISER Mohali physicists' discovery published in noted science journal" - Hindustan Times, Nov 08, 2015
- Dr. Kamal P Singh Group - "Laser creates tiny bulges on a water droplet" - Nature India, Oct 27, 2015
- Dr. Kamal P Singh Group - "From the lab: Shedding light on changing properties of photons" - The Indian Express, Oct 11, 2015
- Dr. Kamal P Singh Group -"Indian scientists solve a century-old light puzzle" - The Hindu, Oct 11, 2015
- Dr. Lolitika Mandal featured in Researcher spotlight on Wellcome Trust - July 6, 2015
- Dr. Yogesh Group - "Evidence for new kind of Quantum matter" - Indian Express, May 24, 2015
- Dr. Lolitika Group - "Human marrow version in fruit fly" - Indian Express , May 9, 2015
- Last Updated: