Special Recruitment drive for SC/ST
Faculty positions (Under Special Recruitment drive for SC/ST/OBC/EWS only)
IISER Mohali currently has openings for faculty members at the level of Assistant Professor in all areas of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences. We are looking for extremely motivated scientists with a high-profile research agenda and a flair for teaching (especially at the undergraduate level).
IISER Mohali invites Applications from eligible candidates for the posts of:
Minimum Qualifications: PhD with a first-class in the preceding degree, and a minimum of three years of post-doctoral or equivalent experience.
- A candidate applying for the above faculty positions must be a citizen of India.
- The appointment is in the IISER Mohali, which is an Institute of National Importance under the Ministry of Education, Government of India.
- All applicants must fulfill the essential requirements of the post and other conditions stipulated in the advertisement. They are advised to ensure their eligibility before applying for the post. No enquiry asking for advice as to eligibility will be entertained.
- It will be mandatory for all the applicants to apply online and to upload all supporting certificates and documents. Online applications not in prescribed format and/or not accompanied supporting by required information/documents shall be liable to be rejected.
- The documents uploaded with the online application will be verified with original testimonials at the time of interview if the applicants called for the same.
- The prescribed educational qualifications and experience are the minimum. Mere fulfilling of the minimum advertised qualification and experience requirements does not automatically entitle an applicant to be called for seminar presentation at the Institute and /or for interview.
- The Institute reserves the right to devise its criteria for shortlisting for all the positions advertised. The duly constituted Screening Committee will shortlist the candidates adopting such criteria. Candidates are advised to mention in the online application all the qualifications and experience in the relevant area over and above the minimum prescribed qualification, supported with documents and ensure that all details are complete, accurate and correct.
- The period of experience rendered by a candidate on part-time basis, daily wages, etc. will not be counted while calculating the requisite experience for shortlisting the candidates for interview.
- The decision of the Institute in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of any/all applications, fixing the eligibility criteria, equivalence of qualifications, mode of screening/selection, conduct of test/examination/interview, will be final and binding on the candidates.
- No interim correspondence or personal enquiries shall be entertained by the Institute.
- Persons already working in Central/State Government/Public Sector Undertakings/Autonomous organization etc. should send their applications through proper channel.
- All candidates called for interview shall be required to furnish ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their current employer at the time of interview.
- During the process of selection/post-selection, the Institute reserves the right to seek any other certificate including vigilance clearance in respect of the candidates already in service at any time.
- The reservation and age relaxation for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/EWS category shall be as per Government of India instructions for which applicants must upload/attach the requisite necessary certificates at the time of application for consideration.
- The Institute solely reserves the right not to fill any or all the advertised positions without assigning any reason.
- All the above positions require a full 24x7 commitment to the Institute. Therefore, candidates willing to dedicate themselves fully to the Institute are expected to apply.
- Appointment orders issued by the Institute to the finally selected candidates shall be provisional. The Institute shall verify the antecedents or documents (verification of character & antecedents /Police verification, verification of all original documents, experience certificate, and other relevant documents) at the time of interview and the appointment. In case later on, if it is found at any time that any of the facts/documents submitted by the candidate are falsified or tampered with or the candidate has doubtful antecedents/background and has suppressed the said information, then his/her candidature shall stand cancelled and services may be terminated.
- All appointments shall be subjected to satisfactory completion of probation period of one year or as applicable. Further, in case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection, which may be detected at any stage even after the issue of the appointment order, the Institute reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidates.
- Addendum/deletion/corrigendum (if any) shall be posted on the Institute Website only.
- Canvassing of any nature and/or bringing any influence/pressure from any quarter will be treated as a disqualification for the post.
- Correspondence, if any, from the Institute including interview call letter of the short-listed candidates/offer letter to the selected candidates shall be sent to the e-mail ID provided by the applicant.
Last date for submission of online applications is: 11.59 PM of 31.12.2020 (IST).”
Note that our pay structure is in accordance with 7th CPC.
Click here to fill Online Recruitment Application Form
Please note that only Online Applications will be entertained. Applications through email will not be considered.
For further details contact:
Dean Faculty, IISER Mohali, knowledge city, sector 81, SAS Nagar, Manauli PO 140306 India. Telefax: +91-172-2240266
- Last Updated: