Our research primarily centres on the following areas:
- Development of stereoselective reactions with particular emphasis on (i) Brønsted and Lewis acid catalysis, (ii) Asymmetric organocatalysis involving small molecule amines and phosphines, (iii) One-pot cooperative catalysis.
- Development of sustainable and atom economic reactions.
- Application of aforementioned strategies in the total synthesis of architecturally complex bioactive natural products and pharmaceutically important compounds.
- Emphasis on cultivating medicinal chemistry aspects and industry-relevant research.
The new synthetic methodologies are designed to incorporate the concepts such as asymmetric synthesis, diversity oriented approaches, green and sustainable chemistry, step and atom/pot
Click Here for the complete list of publications
- Satpathi, B.; Wagulde, S. V.; Ramasastry, S. S. V. Chem. Comm. 2017, DOI: 10.1039/C7CC02524F.
- Mishra, U. K.; Yadav, S.; Ramasastry, S. S. V. J. Org. Chem. 2017, DOI: 10.1021/acs.joc.7b00865.
- Raghu, M.;‡ Grover, J.;‡ Ramasastry, S. S. V. Chem. Eur. J. 2016, 22, 18316. [Invited for a ‘Frontispiece’] [‡These authors contributed equally to this work]
- Satpathi, B.; Ramasastry, S. S. V. Synlett 2016, 27, 2178. [Invited 'Synpacts' article]
- Bankar, S. K.; Mathew, J.; Ramasastry, S. S. V. Chem. Commun. 2016, 52, 5569. [Highlighted in 'Synfacts', See: Snieckus, V.; Gomes, S. Synfacts 2016, 12, 0563]
- Dhiman, S.; Mishra, U. K.; Ramasastry, S. S. V. Angew. Chem. Intl. Ed. 2016, 55, 7737.
- Shirke, R. P.;† Reddy, V.;† Anand, R. V.; Ramasastry, S. S. V. Synthesis 2016, 48, 1865. [Invited article towards the special issue ‘Cyclization Tactics and Strategies’] [†These authors contributed equally to this work]
- Manisha.; Dhiman, S.; Mathew, J.; Ramasastry, S. S. V. Org. Biomol. Chem. 2016, 14, 5563. [Invited article towards the thematic issue 'New Talent’]
- Satpathi, B,; Ramasastry, S. S. V. Angew. Chem. Intl. Ed. 2016, 55, 1777.