Admissions to PhD Program August 2020
Applications are invited from prospective candidates for admission to the PhD Program at IISER Mohali in the areas of Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Earth & Environmental Sciences and Humanities & Social Sciences, for the session beginning in August 2020. Candidates interested in pursuing research in interdisciplinary areas are also encouraged to apply.
Eligibility Criteria: The applicant should have a Masters degree/ B.Tech/ MBBS/ M.Tech with a good academic record (at least a high second class) and should be GATE/ CSIR or UGC-NET/ JEST/ NBHM-JRF/ GPAT/ ICMR-JRF/ DBT-JRF/ DBT- BINC/ ICAR-NET/ DST- INSPIRE qualified in the relevant subject.
Detailed criteria set by each department are as follows:
* Department of Biological Sciences: An applicant should have a Masters degree/B.Tech/ MBBS/ M.Tech with a good academic record (at least 60% and above) and should be GATE/CSIR or UGC-NET/ JEST/ GPAT/ ICMR-JRF/ DBTJRF/DBT-BINC/ICAR-NET/DST- INSPIRE qualified in the relevant subject.
* Department of Chemical Sciences: An applicant should have a Masters degree in Chemistry/ Physics or equivalent with at least 55% marks for General and OBC candidates, and 50% for SC/ST and persons with Disability (PwD), and should have a valid NET/ GATE/ DST-Inspire/equivalent national level fellowship.
* Department of Mathematical Sciences: Kindly click on these two links:
* Department of Physical Sciences: An applicant should have a Masters degree in Physics or a Bachelors/Masters degree in Engineering, and should have a valid GATE/ CSIR-UGC-NET-JRF/ JEST/ DST- Inspire fellowship in Physics. The student must have a good academic record in M.Sc. (minimum 55% for General and OBC category, minimum 50% for SC/ST/PD.)
* Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences: An applicant should have a Masters/ B.Tech/ M. Tech degree in Atmospheric Sciences/ Earth and Environmental Sciences/ Geology/ Chemistry/ Physics/ Environmental Biotechnology /Microbiology/ Biotechnology/ Geophysics/ Meteorology/Hydrology/ Climate Sciences/ Statistics and should have a valid GATE/ CSIR-UGC-NET/ DST-Inspire fellowship.
Application procedure: Prospective candidates should apply online using the “Online Application Facility” by visiting the website at http://www.iisermohali.ac.in. Short-listed candidates will be invited for a screening-test/interview at IISER Mohali.
Last date: The online application facility will be open till 12.00 noon, May 04, 2020. For further details about the program and research areas, please visit our website: http://www.iisermohali.ac.in
- Last Updated: